Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Lisa Ono -- Chega de saudade


Nursing a bit of a tension headache for some reason, it is still nice and sunny if bitterly cold out there at -13 degrees Celsius. The throbbing in my cranium might be due to the fact that North America has turned the clocks ahead by one hour into Daylight Saving Time which meant one less hour for sleep. Well, nothing that a Tylenol and a session with that vice-like massager from Tokyu Hands can't handle.


Plus, a dose of Lisa Ono(小野リサ)doesn't hurt either. With her brand of bossa nova, I'm sure some good release of endorphins often result from the listening experience. I found her take on "Chega de saudade" very soothing. A cover of the 1959 song created by Antonio Carlos Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes for the album of the same title, it is just the tonic that I need to have right now. Too bad that I couldn't find a video of the singer performing this on stage. Ono's version was recorded on her 1998 album "Bossa Carioca".


According to Wikipedia, the original album "Chega de saudade" has been called the very first bossa nova album and the expression means "enough longing". My jisho.com translation has it meaning "enough nostalgia". May need Marcos' opinion on this. In any case, I can feel the knot at the base of my neck slowly unraveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.