Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Hiroshi Sato -- Say Goodbye


Not sure if any of you folks are probably relaxing on a backyard deck while guzzling down a beer or nursing a cocktail, but if you are also into Japanese City Pop, I think I've got the tune for you. The late Hiroshi Sato's(佐藤博)"Say Goodbye" is one of the tracks on his classic 1982 album, "Awakenings" that I've already written about. It's a nice funky number with Sato on the vocoder (the ancient version of Auto-Tune?), and with those synths, it almost goes into technopop territory. It may not be the prize track on "Awakenings" but it still has a golden place in my heart since the arrangement has me reminiscing about some of those AM radio tunes I used to hear way back when.

It's been a pretty cool week so far...not like the oven that it was the week before. I can only give my sympathies to much of Japan which is basically cooking in its juices...as it usually does during the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.