Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ryoko Hirosue -- summer sunset


Like most people, I remember of Ryoko Hirosue (広末涼子) mainly for her roles in movies (I loved “WASABI” so much that I even recorded it on VHS, and I need to watch the ridiculously entertaining “Bubble Fiction” [バブルへGO!!] once more), but she also had a successful career as a J-Pop aidoru singer. Not that the girl was a great singer, but her cute voice surely wasn’t a problem for an aidoru listener.

The one song I usually listen from Ryoko is “summer sunset”, a bright summer song with lovely “fake” strings (synths doing the job here) and an uplifting melody during the chorus. I almost hop a little while listening to Ryoko’s sugary delivery here. Thanks to this positive vibe, I usually listen to it while traveling to Rio de Janeiro in a hot sunny day.

“summer sunset” was released as Ryoko’s fourth single in May 1998. It reached #5 on the Oricon charts, selling 221,740 copies. Lyrics and music were composed by Kohmi Hirose (広瀬香美), while the arrangement was done by Takeshi Fujii (藤井丈司).

Source: amazon.co.jp

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh....way back when Ryoko was just a high school kid. I remember when I first saw her on an old commercial where she was talking to the camera from atop a playground structure.

    I had completely forgotten about this by Kohmi Hirose. Good to hear it again. Thanks for putting this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.