Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sing Like Talking -- Rendezvous


After discovering the band Sing Like Talking through their wonderful album, "Discovery" in the mid-1990s, I started doing my own J-Pop version of Indiana Jones and began the tracking down for some of their past albums. But during the hunt, the follow-up to "Discovery" came out in May 1997 with their 9th album, "Welcome to Another World".

On the whole, although I wasn't as big a fan of "Welcome" as I was with "Discovery", there were still a few songs in there which struck a chord with me. One was "Seasons of Change" which I talked about in the article on their BEST album, "Second Reunion", and the other was this one, "Rendezvous". It's another relaxing silky-smooth ballad by vocalist/composer Chikuzen Sato(佐藤竹善) and keyboardist/lyricist Chiaki Fujita(藤田千章). It never came out as an official single but I think it certainly could have earned at least coupling song status with that mellow and soulful delivery by Sato. However, it did get onto another BEST album of their ballads, "Round About" in 2001. As for "Welcome to Another World", it managed to peak at No. 4 on Oricon.

You can listen to a very brief excerpt of the song at the above link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.